Can I play PS4 games on PlayStation 5?
Can I use my PS4 game on PS5?
Sony has confirmed that PS4 games will be compatible with PlayStation 5 regardless of physical or digital format. You will only need to use the disc or access your personal library to continue playing your favorite games.
This means that this entire collection of games you keep on your shelf will still be compatible with your new console when you buy it on November 19th.
- if you have disk version, you will only need to insert it into your PS5 and possibly download an update. As you might guess, the disc versions cannot be played on the digital version of the PS5, however, the PS5 with Blu-ray will be able to download the digital version, so you don’t have to always insert the disc.
- If, on the other hand, you have digital version , you can install the game by going to your personal library of games and downloading the game directly from the network. You can also transfer the game from one console to another over your local network or WiFi, or by launching it from extended storage.
Are all games compatible?
According to Sony, “the vast majority” of PS4 games will be compatible with the PS5, and the vast majority apply to almost all of them as we only find 10 games off the list. The games that can only be played on PS4 are as follows:
- Afro-Samurai 2 Kuma’s Revenge, Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Ride to the Edge 2
- Just do it!
- Shadow complex Remastered
- Robinson: Journey
- We sing
- Hitman Go: definitive edition
- Joe’s Diner
Problems playing PS4 games
Although the compatibility is complete, we may encounter some problems when playing certain games. The PlayStation support page advises that some games may lose some functionality and it is recommended that you test the games before you start buying add-ons and add-ons for your game. Also remember that VR games will require PlayStation VR and PS. camera, something obvious and expected as they are essential requirements for enjoying virtual reality.
What about my saved games?
If you have a PlayStation + account, you have nothing to worry about as all your saved games will be stored in the cloud and will be fully accessible from your new PlayStation 5.
Is there a difference in games?
PS4 games will run much better on PS5, delivering higher and more stable frames per second, enjoying super-fast boot times and, in some cases, enjoying the dynamic resolution that lets you enjoy 4K images.
Can I play PlayStation, PS2 and PS3 games on PlayStation 5?
No. Unfortunately, the console is not backward compatible other than PS4, so older games will only be available on PlayStation Now, PlayStation’s game streaming service. The CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment himself has confirmed that backward compatibility from generations other than PS4 will be excluded from the PlayStation 5 equation.