How to create filters for Instagram Using Mobile Devices: Presets and Settings for Lightroom
What are presets?
These elements are known by different names: presets, loots, presets, filters, etc. But in the end, they all apply a series of adjustments to your photos to make them look a certain way.
Some can completely change the appearance of a photo, others are limited to highlighting a specific color, or, for example, they can leave only a “visible” color to highlight it. The combination of functions that a preset can perform is equivalent to the number of existing photo editing styles. A striking example of this is the well-known Orange and turquoise style which turns all warm tones into orange and all cold tones into turquoise.
These loupes are created by changing various image parameters such as exposure, contrast, sharpness or HSL control for each color separately.
There are many applications from which we can apply these types of settings to our phone. Some of them are very popular, for example: VSCO, Snapseed, Afterlight, etc. … But, without a doubt, the most famous is Lightroom …
Lightroom is an app for adobe professionals that allows us, among other things, to create and apply this type of “filter”. So now that you know what it is, let’s see how we can make them in Lightroom using the free version.
Create your own presets for Instagram
The process is quite simple and, most importantly, you can create them both from the desktop version of this program for PC and from its mobile version.
If you do the process From the phone :
- Select the photo you want to edit and import it into Lightroom. This can be done both from the gallery of the smartphone itself, and from the menu of this application on the photo icon with a “+” sign.
- After the photo is imported into the Adobe app, you need to make the desired settings for it. Here, unleash your creativity to do something curious and eye-catching.
- When the photo looks the way you want it, it’s time to save the preset in Lightroom. To do this, click the three-dot menu on the top bar and select “Create Preset”.
- In this menu, select the fields that you changed and want to be visible when applying this lute in another photo. You can also add a name to better identify it, and of course add it to your group.
And your first filter for your photos in Instagram will already be created. Now it’s even easier to apply it to any capture:
- Add a new photo to the Lightroom catalog and open it in the editor.
- Scroll through the menus in the bottom pane until you reach the “Preset” option. Enter this.
- Here you will see all the settings that you have saved in your collection. Applying it is as easy as clicking on one of them and confirming the changes. Ready.
On the other hand, if you want to go through this whole process from your computer, you only need to get to before this first photo is edited in the program. After that, you just need to click on the “+” that accompanies the preset option on the left sidebar and select the settings to save. Ready again.
How to download free Lightroom presets
Since the application is so famous and widely used, there are many users who create their own filters and upload them to the Internet for free so others can download them. Although, of course, there are other users who sell their armor.
If you search the Internet, you will get an incredibly large list of results. On websites, forums and YouTube video there are many professionals and non-professionals who provide their own filters. Here are some interesting websites you can turn to: Crehana, Adobe Exchange or Preset Love to name a few.
What matters here is that you determine if it’s right for Lightroom Classic (desktop version) or Lightroom Mobile (for phone). While the former consists of a .xml file that you can download from the same preset import menu, the mobile version will have a .dng extension, which you must import into your gallery as a regular photo and then save the setting. … preset as we taught you.
This everything you need to know about presets stand out in Instagram… It’s time to unleash your creativity and create an impressive setting that will grab the attention of everyone who sees your photos online.