Mi Band 5 can now be reserved … in China
Some distributors have started to place the product in their catalog, accompanying it with a technical data sheet. This is the case Giztop, where we can find all the characteristics that the bracelet will offer, with the possibility of booking one in our name and receiving it from June 20 (this store carries out international deliveries). You can pre-order it from the store for $ 32.99 , an amount similar to that of other generations of the bracelet.
The problem is that this time the Chinese version will introduce important changes from the global version, which could cause problems for Western users. The new bracelet will include support for a virtual assistant, but while the Chinese version will offer Xiaomi’s proprietary AI, XiaoAI, the global version will be supported by the voice assistant Amazon, Alexa. This is undoubtedly one of the reasons why this time we will have to wait for the global version and not get ahead of the eastern version.
Another reason why you shouldn’t buy the Chinese version is because the included payment processor is related to UnionPay, while the global model will include compatibility with Google pay This way we can use our compatible credit cards without any problem. These are two good reasons to wait for the global model to arrive, so take your time and wait for the new Mi Band 5 to officially hit stores in your area.
As we said, the distributors have included all the features in the details, so let’s take a look at them to make it clear what this new Xiaomi Mi Band 5 has to offer:
- 1.2-inch display : New 2.5D AMOLED panel with 100% coverage of P3. It has a resolution of 126 x 294 pixels.
- Improved SpO2 sensor : New blood oxygen sensor to measure oxygen saturation per second. It can measure continuously to make a very detailed sleep pattern.
- New processor : Improved processor version for more accurate and comprehensive monitoring.
- Constant heart rate : The heart rate sensor will be able to constantly monitor our pulse, second by second.
- Dream monitoring: sleep The monitoring function will monitor the heart rate during sleep and will be able to identify problems and offer recommendations for improving our relaxation.
- 11 sports modes : The bracelet now includes 11 sports modes with which you can track our physical activity using the accelerometer. We can now define sports such as indoor running, outdoor running, walking, indoor and outdoor cycling, fat burning racing, free workouts, yoga, elliptical exercises, rowing, skydiving and cycling in room.
- Water resistance : The group will have protection up to 50 meters immersion, so you can use it for swimming, showering and wetting in general.
- Large capacity battery : 100mAh battery provides up to 14 days of battery life. It takes 1.5 hours to fully charge.
- NFC: Thanks to NFC, the bracelet offers instant payment service with UnionPay, although the global version will offer Google Pay.
- Menstrual cycle : Mi Band 5 also includes menstrual cycle monitoring as part of women’s health monitoring.