Currently, YouTube is one of the most influential digital platforms. Every day, its users around the world watch more than a billion hours of video. This power motivates content creators to master the YouTube Marketing to conquer audiences. Learn here five strategies to achieve it.
The performance of your channel: a key factor for the YouTube Marketing
The YouTube Marketing consists of strategies to improve the performance of your content. Once you know how to create a YouTube channel, you need to know the metrics that show its performance:
- Viewing time of a video.
- Video retention rate (average percentage of video that the audience watches per view).
- Number of visits in a video and to the channel.
- The number of subscribers to the channel.
- Most popular videos.
- traffic sources.
- Viewer demographics.
- Engagement (what your users play and how they interact with it).
Likewise, it is convenient that you know how YouTube SEO works, since searches are an important source of viewers. The platform prioritizes three elements when ranking results for a query:
- Relevance. The correspondence between search terms and the title, tags, description and content of the video.
- Engagement. Interactions show that a video is interesting, making it relevant to a query.
- Quality. YouTube defines which channels exhibit expertise, authority, and trust in a topic.
strategies of YouTube Marketing to promote a channel
Here are some tactics YouTube Marketing to promote videos and improve the performance of your channel.
1. Optimize metadata
The metadata describes a video for both users and YouTube. They are title, description, tags, category, thumbnailsubtitles and closed captions. Its clarity and correspondence with the content ensure that the video is indexed properly, so that it appears as a search result.
- Include the keyword naturally in the video title.
- Tag your video with popular keywords related to your topic.
- To create thumbnails personalized (option available for verified channels). The most attractive ones contain a balanced mix of human faces, text, and graphics.
- Add cards and end screens to your video to promote content from your channel.
Avoid creating titles and thumbnails misleading, offensive or repulsive. The YouTube Marketing points out that videos with this type of information are less likely to be recommended in a query.
2. Video sharing
Bring in viewers from other platforms:
- Share your videos on your social networks.
- Include them on your business website or in your blog posts. Videos are a multimedia resource appreciated by digital readers.
- Embed your videos in your newsletters or email campaigns.
- Make videos in collaboration with other key players in your field, especially those with the largest audiences on YouTube.
3. Promote videos
Advertise your channel with paid ads on YouTube. They may be:
- Discovery ads. They appear in the home, search results and as videos related to others already seen.
- in-stream ads. They are played during the viewing of a video (before it starts, or in progress when the video exceeds ten minutes).
- Advertisements display Y overlay. They appear next to or on top of other currently playing videos.
The payment model in YouTube Marketing It is cost per view (CPV). Thus, you only pay when someone interacts with your ad. If the user skips it, you don’t pay for that view.
4. Personalize videos on your channel
The YouTube Marketing Allows customization of your channel page. Thus, you can choose a video or a play list specific to receive new visitors or to interest your subscribers. In addition, the featured videos can play automatically. If the user doesn’t pause them quickly, you can get views with them.
This strategy helps get views on certain videos, which helps improve your ranking on YouTube.
5. Use playlist
Playlists group your content together in a convenient way for your viewers. In terms of the performance of your channel, they are useful, since they channel the user experience. When a video is part of a play listthe next autoplaying video is another from your channel, chosen by you.
Like personalization, this tactic helps boost a viewer’s views on more than one of your videos.
The YouTube Marketing offers various possibilities to boost the performance of your channel. Like other media for content marketing, this platform rewards excellence in substance and form. So create useful and attractive material for your audience, which meets the platform’s standards of form.